Keys to Stability When Your Normal Is Being Interrupted
- Published on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 10:13
- Written by Kimber Britner
Are you finding the good old days illusive and intangible? Is the stability and normalcy you once knew now wobbly and uncertain? It could be your normal is being disrupted.
There are two ways to react to change and transition.One will anchor your life while preparing you for an upgrade in perspective and attitude. The other will assure that you’ll continue grasping for solidity beneath your feet as you’re tossed around in a sea of confusion.
The first choice is to:
1. Rearrange the chairs on the Titanic. Be deluded into thinking you are manning up, taking the bull by the horns in an attempt to control and rearrange life. The thing is if the old self-effort way of doing things is capsizing, the position of the chairs makes little difference.
Photo credit: freedigitalphotos.net
Read more ...
What Are You Growing In Your Life?
Kimberism: A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love. Saint Basil
- Published on Wednesday, 24 August 2011 07:22
- Written by Kimber Britner
Have you ever gone after something you thought you wanted only to discover in the end that you invested yourself in something that didn’t line up with your inner values? I sure have, more times than I would like to admit!
Have you ever noticed that everything produces after its own kind? Every seed produces its own kind. An orange seed doesn’t produce apples. It produces after its own kind and so do we. The seed is the most inner part and within every person’s heart there is a seed that manifests after its own kind. If you want to know what kind of seed you are nurturing, look at the fruit in your life. Do you sadly recognize seeds maturing with qualities that do not align with your values?
Here are clues that reveal you may be nurturing an illegitimate harvest:
- You experience a lack of peace
- You lack the ability to live in the present moment
- You find yourself striving to make things happen
- Rather than letting life emerge through you, you are contriving to control life
- You are driven by selfish-ambition
- All that you are creating would be meaningless if you found yourself in a life or death situation
- You can’t remember the last time you felt giddy
- You forgot how to receive
- You are propelled by self-effort rather than joy
- 10. You forgot love
If you’ve ever planted a garden and watched it grow strong and healthy you know that it began with good seed, fertile soil and the right nurture and care. Conversely if a garden has pour seed, soil or little care, you can be certain that even if what’s sown in it looks strong and healthy initially, it will eventually wither when exposed to the heat. Look around in the world and you will quickly discern the heat of many man-made and natural circumstances. Although it may be disappointing to have invested time and energy in a failed crop, it may actually be a blessing if you determine what your growing is contrary to your values.
Is what you are sowing in your life truly valuable? If not realign your priorities and activities to produce a harvest that is truly valuable.
© Copyright 2011 Moxie Me Institute, BE U LLC. All Rights Reserved
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? To publish this article in your ezine or website please include the following blurb: Kimber Britner is president of Moxie Me Institute, Author, Speaker, Professional Coach and Innovation Expert. Moxie Me Institute helps heart-led women bring their greatness to the world by connecting them to their passion, purpose, and inspired vision. Join us to rev up your moxie and bliss!